On 5th March, Jonathan and Corinna Downes, the Director and Administrator of the Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] the world's largest mystery animal research organisation, fly to Texas. Together with their friends and colleagues Richie and Naomi West who very generously financed the expedition, they will spend two weeks continuing the research into the Texas blue dogs, first carried out by Jonathan Downes in November 2004..

Friday 26 March 2010

LON STRICKLER: More Blue Dog Sightings

Hi Jon...I posted an article on your expedition to Texas and have received some interesting emails on other sightings. I have attached. If you want any further information...let me know. Lon Strickler, Phantoms and Monsters

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/

  • Lon…Regarding the article about blue dogs. I live in Alabama and on numerous occasions I would ride with my husband who is an OTR driver. One day we were in northern Alabama when suddenly I saw walking on the side of the field was a BLUE dog. This dog walked naturally on the edge of the road as we passed. My husband did not see him as he was driving and the dog was on my side the passenger side. This was broad open daylight around 1 to 2 in the after noon during the summer months about 3 years ago. Is there such a dog species that is actually blue?
  • Hello Lon. Add us in. About 4 years ago my wife and I were taking a rare child-free trip to a judicial conference in Colorado. We were driving across a pretty flat and desolate part of Kansas (there’s a shock) and it was around sunset. We had recently finished laughing hysterically at some Kansas Department of Transportation guys who were striping the highway by having one of them lean backwards off the back of the truck with the striping paint in his hand while another worker held his legs (this made the trip fairly memorable by itself) and my wife had drifted off to nap while I drove.
  • I noticed an animal coming from a field across the highway from left to right and I slowed to let it cross in front of us. In Oklahoma one has to make way for deer, free-roaming ranch dogs and coyotes this way in the rural areas so it was no big deal. In our neighborhood one can come home at twilight and find a coyote in the front yard or walking casually down the street toward the nearby golf course—a coyote is not a particularly exotic sight.
  • As we got closer, I noticed this was neither any breed of dog I recognized nor any type of coyote I recognized. For one thing it was pretty big. It had extremely short hair (or none, I couldn’t tell), a really long and odd looking snout and a distinctive dark blue color which I assumed was being exaggerated because of the sunset light. It didn’t dart across the highway, but looked over at our car and trotted across. Very odd looking critter. Given the reports about blue canines in Texas, thought I’d pass this report on to you. Whatever they are, we saw something basically fitting that description in western Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment