On 5th March, Jonathan and Corinna Downes, the Director and Administrator of the Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] the world's largest mystery animal research organisation, fly to Texas. Together with their friends and colleagues Richie and Naomi West who very generously financed the expedition, they will spend two weeks continuing the research into the Texas blue dogs, first carried out by Jonathan Downes in November 2004..

Tuesday 16 March 2010

ELMENDORF REVISITED

Five years ago I was catapaulted into the world of Texas Blue Dog research when I visited a ranch in Elmendorf just south of San Antonio with my then girlfriend and a TV crew from the Discovery Channel who were shooting the pilot of a series that they later decided not to make.

At least, I assume that they never decided to make it although they never actually had the courtesy to write to me telling me so.


However, I digress. The ranch is owned by rancher Devin Macanally who shot the first known specimen of a Texas blue dog there in July 2004. Today we are going to return.

It is just gone 6:30 a.m. Richard and I are up whilst the two girls are in the arms of Morpheus. Richie (poor fellow) is suffering from a battery of unpleasant allergies, while I (touch wood) am feeling as fit as the proverbial fiddle and am just going to go and make myself a cuppa.

In the meantime, be amused by this photograph of Nick Redfern enjoying a balmy spring evening in his garden. As I have said before, you can take the boy out of the West Midlands, but you can't take the West Midlands out of the boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment