On 5th March, Jonathan and Corinna Downes, the Director and Administrator of the Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] the world's largest mystery animal research organisation, fly to Texas. Together with their friends and colleagues Richie and Naomi West who very generously financed the expedition, they will spend two weeks continuing the research into the Texas blue dogs, first carried out by Jonathan Downes in November 2004..

Thursday 11 March 2010

SAD NEWS IN THE GLOBAL VILLAGE

When I was a young boy, a lot was talked about the concept of the `Global Village`. But even ten years ago when I was travelling, I always felt like a stranger in a strange land. However, the world does indeed seem to be getting smaller, and more like a village. I am sitting here in a Holiday Inn in Texas reading and writing the same emails that I do in Woolsery, and using the same little oblong of plastic to pay for things as I do in Bideford.

However, when I was doing my emails at about midnight last night, I received some sad news. Oll's girlfriend Anne's father has just died, and our thoughts and prayers are with him and Anne today...

No comments:

Post a Comment