On 5th March, Jonathan and Corinna Downes, the Director and Administrator of the Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] the world's largest mystery animal research organisation, fly to Texas. Together with their friends and colleagues Richie and Naomi West who very generously financed the expedition, they will spend two weeks continuing the research into the Texas blue dogs, first carried out by Jonathan Downes in November 2004..

Thursday 4 March 2010

THE INTERNATIONAL WAR ON SAUSAGE

TOUGH ON SAUSAGE, TOUGH ON THE CAUSES OF SAUSAGE.



As I always do before leaving the UK to visit the former colonies, I do a quick sweep around the shops of Bideford looking for various necessities of life that are difficult to get hold of abroad. Let's face it, Johnny Foreigner is a rum cove, and such things as Lemsip, Lady Grey tea, and Rizlas are not easy to obtain.


However, this time I had a special mission. I wanted to get some haggis for Naomi, and I decided to throw in some traditional hog's pudding as well. The dear girl had discovered haggis in Scotland last year, and despite knowing how it is made she decided that she liked it very much. She even liked black pudding, which impressed me immensely. Chicks don't like offal-based conctions as a whole, and those who do must be encouraged.


So I bought them, only to find when I got home that I was facing a fine of $250 for each item of pork product I smuggled in.


Whoops.


So I wrote to Naomi apologising and agreed with her when she wrote back saying that this was "the most stupid" law she had ever heard of.


I will make an anarchist of the girl yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment