On 5th March, Jonathan and Corinna Downes, the Director and Administrator of the Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] the world's largest mystery animal research organisation, fly to Texas. Together with their friends and colleagues Richie and Naomi West who very generously financed the expedition, they will spend two weeks continuing the research into the Texas blue dogs, first carried out by Jonathan Downes in November 2004..

Wednesday 3 March 2010

THE NIGHT BEFORE

JON'S DIARY: Wednesday night. It's half past two in the morning. No matter how hard we try to be efficient about these things, we always leave it until the very last minute. We have crammed all my stuff into a suitcase, the big Sony camera bag, and my briefcase. Apart from that there are various odds and sods in the voluminous pockets of my leather jacket. Once again I find myself wearing my leather jacket as we set out on an expedition, not because it is sartorially elegant, but because it is comfortable, has lots of pockets and can carry more stuff.

It came from Texas originally back in 2003 when Nick and Dana Redfern took me to a Big and Tall man's shop in Nederland near Houston, so in many ways it will be going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment